Bottom Is Lacking, Water Change, And New Filter!!!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by brousecasey12, Jul 18, 2017.

1. brousecasey12

brousecasey12Well Known MemberMember

So I just bought a new filter for my 55!!! I have the aqueon 55/75 (old edition) and I just bought the newer edition of it! I thought I got a great deal on it. It was 36.99, but I had coupon for 15 off of 49, so I bought a 6 pack of filter media! Also, it comes in 1-2 days! Hopefully , this will make water perfect for the fish, as sometimes, even I am not enough!

Also, just did a water change today and fish reacted well! I will test water maybe tomorrow, as I will be stuck in my house all day bc the township wants to pave my road over and will shut down the road from 8 to 5... gotta love Pennsylvania !

In conclusion, my bottom region of the tank really has no fish. Yes, my black neons will sometime fall to bottom and same with cherry barbs, but no true species in my tank besides my bn pleco! (Jeg elsker den!) so I thought, what has a low bioload and are amazing algae eaters/ cleanup crew/ adorable family???
    Red cherry shrimp!
    Is it possible with my stocking?
    Those fish are set in stone , might add one to groups of five in stock to make six, but nothing big. Here is my stocking:
    6b3703fe90f74504768d902bdc58a0c8.png

Takks! Thanks! Experts seek I do!

2. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06Well Known MemberMember

Ohh no another thread to get roasted on lol you made another post few days ago and people already explained to you what was wrong with your current stock, but I guess we'll wait and see what members have to say this time. Remember keep your cool even if some don't agree.

by the way what do you love ? your BN pleco?

3. MikeRad89

MikeRad89Well Known MemberMember

Shrimp are a no go with angels and gouramis.

Corydoras would be a much better fit. Loaches would work too, but I'm neither familiar nor a fan of the group.

4. Fishpuns

FishpunsValued MemberMember

Shrimp would most likely be eaten by your angelfish, gourami, and barbs. Also, as you're already very overstocked, I really wouldn't up your schools or get anything else until some have been re-homed

5. Racing1113Well Known MemberMember

I was gonna say Amano shrimp since they're good with algae but yeah they'd get eaten. Please don't get any more fish. You're way overstocked. Yes, there's worse things in life than fish dying or being unhappy or uncomfortable. But it's still a life you hold in your hands.

6. OP
    OP
    brousecasey12

brousecasey12Well Known MemberMember

Okay thanks all for the input! I just saw someone else's post and saw they had rcs and thought they would be amazing in my tank, but my tank is full:/ Why are fish addicting!?!?! I want to have so many tanks but I can't :( thanks and have a nice day!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice