bottom feeders for asian biotype? 30 Gallon Tank

1. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

Hi everyone!

One of my friends at work who knows I am nutty about fish has ask me to help him out. He has a lot of asian themed decor in his house and would like me to help him set up a couple fish tanks for his house. After discussing it with him, we landed on a asian biotype tank and a betta tank. Right now I have been going over the basics of fishcare with him while I write down some stocking lists and decor/ plant options.

This will be a very generlized tank, the fish just need to be from Asia, not any specific region there. I have come up with nice list of cenerpiece and schooling fish to make stocking options out of, but I cannot come up with a bottom feeder that would be suitable for a 30gal other than RCS or amano shrimp. I am sure there are other shrimps, but what about fish or snails anysuggestions?

2. bassbonediva Fishlore VIP Member

Some of the smaller loaches would work.

-Yoyo loaches
    -Zebra loaches
    -Dwarf loaches
    -Kuhli loaches
    -Skunk loaches
    -Zipper loach

3. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

Thanks I was thinking loaches, but the only ones I could come up with where yo-yos and kuhlis and I wasn't really sure if they would work.

4. bassbonediva Fishlore VIP Member

Kuhlis are great for smaller tanks. The smallest I would go with kuhlis would be 20 gallons, but that's only because they can be so active. Yoyo loaches are great little fish. I had four originally, but when I moved, my dad emptied the tank they were in and didn't realize there were still fish in it (they were in my 46gal bowfront). I went to check the tank before loading it and saw a flash of movement in one of the tiny puddles of water left from where he couldn't get all the water out of the tank. Turns out one of the little guys had survived! He was promptly scooped out, named Lucky and thrived in my 55gal until I got hit with a nasty bout of ich a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway, basically any of your loaches that stay under 4" would be fine in a 30gal. :)