Bottom Feeder That Dont Uproot Plants

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My boy Beast (8 year old ABN) will rearrange the new plants until they take root.

NLindsey921

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Mine were constantly digging up one of my sword so I superglued it to a rock and put it in like that.

Lunnietic

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
If the plants are loose corydoras can uproot plants. (Mine have) Usually only happens after water changes for me, when some of the roots maybe have already been exposed.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Lunnietic said:
If the plants are loose corydoras can uproot plants. (Mine have) Usually only happens after water changes for me, when some of the roots maybe have already been exposed.
Corys do get energetic after a water change

Lunnietic

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thunder_o_b said:
Corys do get energetic after a water change
Mine always do, just wanted OP to know its still a thing at times with cories. Usually they leave it be but not always. Its always the same plant too. Lol.

axel

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thunder_o_b said:
I never had issues with those two as the roots grow so fast. Remember the root tabs.

Some of the crypts that I pulled out to give to a friend. They grow like mad for me.
They are planted in BDBS.
View attachment 435815
how deep should i plant root tabs? and how far from the plants? I dont have any experience with sand substrate at all.

Thx for the help guys, i think i will just go with the cories

axel

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thunder_o_b said:
I use SeaChem plant products. For their root tabs this gives directions for doing a bed.
Seachem - Flourish Tabs

For single plants I plant them at the low point of the root mass off to the side a bit.
do you think kuhli loach gonna uproot plants? i really like them but i dont have any experience with them

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Kuhlis shouldn't uproot crypts or swords.

Another option are the DIY root tabs. I use Osmocote Plus inside gel caps. You can either assemble them yourself or buy them premade from Ebay. Cheaper than aquarium brand, and just as good, with macros and micros.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
axel said:
even stem plants?
Yes we have a colony of 10 black kuhli in the 55 and 9 striped kuhli in the 150 and they do not bother them....Much....

You have to understand fish will rearrange their home to the way they like it if they can. If something is constantly being messed with I watch the fish and move things according to what they seem to want. It is after all their home.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom