Bottom Feeder For Rocky Gravel Floor

BReefer97

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Personally, I wouldn’t add anything else. Cories should be in larger groups (I would say 6-8) and both cories and gouramis require 10 gallons minimum, and you only have 8 gallons. So I would not recommend adding anything further. It would hurt your tank, not help it.

BReefer97

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
And I’m not trying to come off as rude or anything of that sort, but are you sure that tank is 8 gallons? It barely looks like it’s 5 gallon, it’s pretty shallow.

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
RonJ said:
What gourami? Hope it is dwarf gourami
BReefer97 said:
And I’m not trying to come off as rude or anything of that sort, but are you sure that tank is 8 gallons? It barely looks like it’s 5 gallon, it’s pretty shallow.
It is a 30 liter aquarium which is around 7.9 gallons. The reason it is not filled up all is that I did water change and I’m aging my water and don’t have the space to age such big amounts for two aquariums at once, so I add more water a day after the water change to fill it up.

It is a wild type honey gourami male. It was my first tank and I had a horrible advice from guy in a shop and he advices me to stock 30 liter with 3 honey Gouramis and 6 rice fish! My fault for not doing the research. But I tried my best and set up another 60 liter tank for all the other fishes and just kept the male in this tank.

He does not look happy after being suddenly separated from all the other fishes, that’s why I’m asking if there could be some potential small tank mate for him.

I do my water changes with gravel vacuuming religiously 1-2 times a week. The water parameters are in check in both tanks. All other fishes are more than happy in the 60 liter. It is just the male being super lonely and bored.

Attachments

CloudTheFluffy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I would either return him/give him to the store and get a betta or leave him in there alone. It's not even really big enough for him. It sucks that you were given bad advice. Maybe shrimp but I could see him eating them quick.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom