bottom feed questions

Here_fishy_fishy
cory and 2 gallon questions

Hey guys ! at the pet store the guy told me that a bottom feeder like corys and other, he said those are the last fish you want to think about when starting a new tank. sow hen is a good time to get them?? lol

Also I found a bowl downstairs and it is about 2 gallon, so wut can I put in the bowl without a heater or a airstone or filter? wut kinda fish can live in a 2 gallon bowl.

Gargoyle
I really big beer...

ShaynaB
I really big beer...

HAHA

But really, I wouldn't recommend anything in an unheated, unfiltered bowl. Nothing that I know about can thrive without filtering or heat.

Cories are nice, as bottom feeders go. How long has your tank been up? Some cories are really sensitive, so a well established tank would be good for them.

Here_fishy_fishy
wut kinda corys are sensitive? I was thing peppered corys. my tank has been up for 10 days now.

ShaynaB
Is it cycled? What are your test readings?

I've heard that all cories are sensitive... Pandas are considerably more sensitive than most, I've learned...

I'm not sure I would add any more to your bio load until that tank is cycled. (If it's not already cycled, of course!) You could end up with a bigger problem than it's worth.

ShaynaB
Also, if what your aquarium temp is what it says it is on your Aquarium Info, I think I'd raise the temp to 78!

Here_fishy_fishy
ohh no it is cycling now.I was dumb and listened to the LFS and put my babies in the the tank :'( . I won't add anymore fish lol I was wondering when I am done with the cycle when I should add the corys ?? or should I add any?

ShaynaB
You could put some in after it's finished cycling. You have the room in there!!

I love my cories. They're so cute! Just make sure you get at least 3 of them. Peppered cories are good little fish.

Any chance you could get Bio Spira at the LFS? I love that stuff and it cycles the tank quickly.

Good luck, keep us updated! We love pictures around here!

Here_fishy_fishy
I have looked up and down and can not find any bio-spira :'( I am going to look again tomarrow I hate putting my fish through this but hey wut can I do I do have pics I will post if I know how LOL thanks for ur help too!!!!!

Here_fishy_fishy
got it put them in my gallery hope u liek them

ShaynaB
Very nice. Looks like you already have a "cat fish." hahaha sorry, i'm tired and I crack myself up sometimes.

You have a very pretty cat and a very nice looking tank. Good luck with the cycling!

Here_fishy_fishy
LOL thanks as for my kitty he may be pretty but that kitty has claws!!!! lol only back ones..so sumtimes his beauty can be overlooked when he bites and claws ya lol thanks for saying it look s nice... my family thinks it looks bare..maybe it does beats me thanks tho

Sabi
Also I found a bowl downstairs and it is about 2 gallon, so what can I put in the bowl without a heater or a air stone or filter? what kinda fish can live in a 2 gallon bowl.
I wouldn't recommend fish without filtration at least. You could grow algae in there if you have any algae eaters....

BTW, when you are done cycling it'd be a good idea to either get 2 more female live bearers (but then be aware you may get fry, lots!) as the males will harass her, or swap the female for a male.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
alink
Replies
Views
nobettasinbowls
  • Question
Replies
Views
FishBoy101
Replies