Bottom Dweller Question

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by NeonTetraBoi, May 29, 2018.

1. NeonTetraBoiNew MemberMember

What would be the best bottom dweller for my 30g tank with 6 neon tetras 5 zebra danios and 1 balloon molly

2. PatientStars

PatientStarsValued MemberMember

You could do a school of nano corydoras. I have a school of 7 panda corys, and they're some of my favorites in my 55. They have big personalities and are super active and fun to watch!

3. Neutral-Waterinos

Neutral-WaterinosValued MemberMember

I would go with cories to be honest beautiful fish. Ottos are also another option they do much more cleaning and lean more toward a full veggie diet.

4. PatientStars

They do prefer a sand substrate though, as rough gravel can harm them when they're trying to sift it around to look for food.

5. OP
    OP
    N

NeonTetraBoiNew MemberMember

Is there a bottom dweller that can have gravel?

6. PatientStars

The Otocinclus catfish would be ok with gravel. They're also a schooling fish, so you should get 5 or 6, though you could probably do 3 if you have to.

7. fish time

fish timeWell Known MemberMember

8. DuaneV

DuaneVWell Known MemberMember

Depending on the gravel corys might be able handle it. Sand is the best for the them, but small, rounded gravel is fine too. Oto's would be good as would a clown pleco or two. Personally, Id switch out the gravel for sand (really not hard) and toss a school of corys in there. False Juliis, Peppered, Pandas, etc. They are a FUN little fish and worth it.

9. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

Got a pic of the gravel Neon?

10. OP
    OP
    N

NeonTetraBoiNew MemberMember

Image1527808477.826495.jpgImage1527808578.688356.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice