29 Gallon Tank Bottom Dweller With Khulis

Amcdonald58

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hello- I have a 29 gallon tank that has 8 khulis, 1 betta, 1 bristlenose pleco, and 5 harlequin rasboras. The bottom of my aquarium is very inactive due to the khuli's always hiding. Are there any good bottom dwellers that would do well in my tank, that wouldn't greatly over stock my tank? Thank you for any help.

MissNoodle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
With 8 kuhlis, i wouldnt add another species.

Id add 4 more kuhlis and some extra hiding places on the bottom. Dried oak leaves or indian almond leaves or beech leaves are well loved by kuhlis... the more hiding places they have, the more you see them. And having even more kuhlis around will make them more likely to come out.

smee82

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Add more kuhlis and they will hide less. Kuhlis need bigger schools to come out and play.

Ravynn

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Add 4 more kuhlis and create hiding places on the bottom that provide them shade rather than caves or things to bury into. This is something I’ve learned with them and it’s worked out well.

Wydowmayker

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would add half a dozen cory’s. They are funny to watch, and line up in a row right in the front of the tank when they aren’t eating or playing.

Amcdonald58

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thank you for all my replies. I'm going to keep my eyes out for some more khuli's at my lfs. Would a few armano shrimp work in my tank?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom