Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have a 46 gallon bowfront with the following
4 Madagascar Rainbows
7 McCulloch Rainbows
3 Mono Sebae
2 SAE
As of now i add a 1/2 teaspoon for every 5 gallons for the monos, and i'm going to take them back once they get over 3 inches for smaller ones. Looking at getting something to add some activity to the bottom. I was thinking about getting around 3 Yoyo loaches. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Loaches dont tollerate salt and neither do corys.

i think its a mistake to keep a brackish water fish with freshwater fish. I think its even more of a mistake to alter the water to suit one species.

gremlin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'm not too familiar with any of those fish, but I do have a question. Since the "monos" apparently get too big for your tank, and have different water requirements than the other fish (brakish), why not find a more compatible fish that does not require the salt? That way you could have the yoyo loaches in the bottom for activity without worrying about them dying from the salt in the tank.

OP
G

GBR.Moorrreeee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The rainbows are fine with the salt and the mono's live in freshwater when there small (they start out in fresh, go to brackish at 4 in. and eventually total salt).I was planning on angels but the rainbows can be fin nippers. I am just wondering what bottom dwellers can go in the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • No

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 74 67.9%

Top Bottom