Bottled water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
The topic of the night is why bottled water has an expiration date, or some such nonsense.

Does it really go bad?

High school chemistry kids, help us midlife-crisisers figure this out! We need you.

Furallicah

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
ROFL, ok midlife crisis people....I have no idea! I have drank water after the experation date and it tasted awful...;:barf

Last edited by a moderator:

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Chris, what age is midlife to you? In my culture, all women get married. I know zero adult Indian women who have completed their educations and aren't wed. When I was a teenager, I remember that we had a family friend who was getting married at 27, and we thought she was ancient...

Furallicah

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I said midlife crisis in the last thread then corrected myself saying 1/4life crisis. XD But in my culture people get prego at 15 now these days....which is really bad to say the least. But I think getting married around 22 is not ancient. And Meenu you are not ancient.

Betta Whisperer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Bottled water tastes awful even before the experation date!!!!! I can't stand the stuff. When we lived up North in the country and had well water it was great and I real miss it. I can't drink any bottled water and the tap water here in Texas is even worse. I have lived in Texas for 9 years now and have never drank the water here without something mixed in it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elodea

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
How about a middle-school biology kid?

Apparently, bottled water comes straight from springs, and has no or very little chlorine added to it. The bacteria inside the natural water slowly grows and builds up in number until all nutrients in the water are used up, and then they start to die.

As you can imagine, dead bacteria tastes pretty nasty.

Where's Jaysee? Shouldn't he be here already?

Elodea

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Tell us tell us tell us tell us...

Whoops...double-ninja'd

Jaysee: That's weird...once when I was trying to start the gravel vacuum I got a big gulp of tank water, but it tasted like normal water. Okay, maybe a bit grossly warm.

Furallicah

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Lol...Jaysee it sounded like you were testing for nitrates by putting fish water in your mouth....ROFL

Furallicah

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Jeezs talk about your psychosis....."Tell me the problem you are having"-doctor. "I keep drinking my aquarium water..."Patient "Well why are you doing that"-Doctor. "BECAUSE IT TASTES YUMMMY!"-Patient....

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
rofl... I missed like 8 posts. Someone is asking me about q-tanks in another thread... which is funny because I don't have one.

Furallicah

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
rofl... I missed like 8 posts. Someone is asking me about q-tanks in another thread... which is funny because I don't have one.
Guidance Fail..... Its ok I suggest it all the time and hardly use a Q-Tank myself......;P

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom