Bottled water

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Meenu, Apr 17, 2010.

1. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

Drumroll please!!

Due to popular demand.....

I introduce....

BOTTLED WATER!!!
    :party0011::party0007:

Let the games begin.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  2. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

The topic of the night is why bottled water has an expiration date, or some such nonsense.

Does it really go bad?

High school chemistry kids, help us midlife-crisisers figure this out! We need you.

3. FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

ROFL, ok midlife crisis people....I have no idea! I have drank water after the experation date and it tasted awful...;:barf

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2010
  4. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

Chris, what age is midlife to you? In my culture, all women get married. I know zero adult Indian women who have completed their educations and aren't wed. When I was a teenager, I remember that we had a family friend who was getting married at 27, and we thought she was ancient... :rolleyes:

5. FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

I said midlife crisis in the last thread then corrected myself saying 1/4life crisis. XD But in my culture people get prego at 15 now these days....which is really bad to say the least. But I think getting married around 22 is not ancient. And Meenu you are not ancient.

6. Betta WhispererWell Known MemberMember

Bottled water tastes awful even before the experation date!!!!! I can't stand the stuff. When we lived up North in the country and had well water it was great and I real miss it. I can't drink any bottled water and the tap water here in Texas is even worse. I have lived in Texas for 9 years now and have never drank the water here without something mixed in it.

7. ElodeaWell Known MemberMember

How about a middle-school biology kid?

Apparently, bottled water comes straight from springs, and has no or very little chlorine added to it. The bacteria inside the natural water slowly grows and builds up in number until all nutrients in the water are used up, and then they start to die.

As you can imagine, dead bacteria tastes pretty nasty.

Where's Jaysee? Shouldn't he be here already?

8. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

I'm doing water changes, and the water tastes awful, so maybe there are lots of nitrates in the bottled water.

9. FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

Lol...why are you tasting your old fish water?

10. ElodeaWell Known MemberMember

Tell us tell us tell us tell us...

Whoops...double-ninja'd

Jaysee: That's weird...once when I was trying to start the gravel vacuum I got a big gulp of tank water, but it tasted like normal water. Okay, maybe a bit grossly warm.

11. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

12. ElodeaWell Known MemberMember

OMG ninja'd again...

13. FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

Lol...Jaysee it sounded like you were testing for nitrates by putting fish water in your mouth....ROFL

14. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

Well I'm not doing it cause I like the taste.

15. FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

:;smack Jeezs talk about your psychosis....."Tell me the problem you are having"-doctor. "I keep drinking my aquarium water..."Patient "Well why are you doing that"-Doctor. "BECAUSE IT TASTES YUMMMY!"-Patient....

16. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

rofl... I missed like 8 posts. Someone is asking me about q-tanks in another thread... which is funny because I don't have one.

17. FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

Guidance Fail.....:;laughing Its ok I suggest it all the time and hardly use a Q-Tank myself......;P

18. ElodeaWell Known MemberMember

Nitrates are very healthy for you. Oh, whoops, you're not a plant.

19. FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

Unless Jaysee is Captian Planet....O_O

20. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

what's Captain Planet? Does he sparkle?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice