Bottled Bacteria

rebellonik

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hello guys
Not sure if i am in the right section or no
But i have recently heard of bottled bacteria for planted tanks and reefs i never knew such a thing existed a guy at my work states he used that for his tank and didn't have to do like the fishless cycling we do he states he got some bottles of this bacteria and his tank was ready for the fish in less than a week
Not sure if he was trying to get me to look like a idiot or was just blowing his trumpet but i did a quick Google search and there is products that do what he says but i was curious to know if anyone of you have tried this stuff im just curious to know if it actually works i forgot the brand name he suggested

Sprogladite

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I used the Red Sea reef mature pro kit to cycle my marine tank and it worked exactly as it said it would. I was a huge skeptic before...I'm now a convert!

rebellonik

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thx for the reply so there is something like this what bout planted setups any idea

Mick Frost

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ready for fish in less than a week, sure. You're basically fish-in cycling after that. Seachem Stability is the one I use, and it's really just effective enough to be able to do a 50% population bump without a visible biobloom. The others may be slightly better, but if any bottle was able to fully Cycle any size of tank for any size of fish in 5 days, it would be the only one on the shelf.

remy113

Valued Member
Reaction score
Mick Frost said:
Ready for fish in less than a week, sure. You're basically fish-in cycling after that. Seachem Stability is the one I use, and it's really just effective enough to be able to do a 50% population bump without a visible biobloom. The others may be slightly better, but if any bottle was able to fully Cycle any size of tank for any size of fish in 5 days, it would be the only one on the shelf.
I agree I only use it get the bacteria in to help boot the cycle in to pace. After that I sparingly feed the fish like I’m doing a fish cycle to not over do the bacteria so it can still grow.

fyshfuud

Valued Member
Reaction score
I used Tetra Safe Start to cycle my last 2 tanks. It worked great! This time, I bought Top Fin thinking I could save a few bucks. Everyone always comments about the sulfur/rotten egg smell of the ones that work. This one has a faint medicinal scent like they perfumed it with a little menthol. I doubt this one is going to work.

I haven't used the Microbe-Lift Night Out II to cycle before, but if is works half as well as their Special Blend for denitrification, I'd recommend it.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom