Bosemani more aggressive than turquoise

domingo3

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Are bosemanis more aggressive than turquoise, or is it just individual personality? I have both in a tank, and the bosemanis seem to have the run of the tank.

Thanks

firemouthfreak

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I'm no expert on bosemanis or turquoises but it all comes down to fish personality. I've had people tell me Convicts are much more aggressive than Firemouths and would kill them if they spawned. Well my friend had Firemouths and Convicts spawn in his 45 gallon tank and the Firemouths killed one of the Convicts. Hope this helps.

N0body Of The Goat

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I believe that lacustris are usually more boistrous than boesmani, but fish have individual persoanlities, just like us!

JustinF

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I'm not sure, but I do have one Boesemani who thinks he is the alpha male. He gets in the others face and flares his fins, but they never really fight, I think he's just saying he is the dominate male. (he's been there the longest and bigger than the rest) Sorry no turquoise couldn't tell you for sure.

NMfishman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My turquoise are pretty mellow. It could depend on which one you have more of, if there are more boesman this could be the reason.

kloseo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I found both types to be really laid back fish, but then again each fish has its own personality an tank stocking could play arole

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads