Boseami rainbow acting odd.

Kassh4815

So my bosmani rainbow started acting odd. Sitting in a corner, not enthusiastically jumping for food. Which is really off for his normal behavior. About 17 hours ago I noticed he had some stringy poop hanging and today is when his behavior changed. I took a picture because I noticed something odd with his tail fin. Can anybody tell me if this is something to worry about. His gills also look a bit red.

all other fish are doing fine, and I know it’s not ich. Ammonia is 0 nitrite is 0 and nitrate is at 10ppm. The only major change recently was I changed all substrate from gravel to sand. So tank was nasty for a few days while it cleared up.

1645756794514.jpeg
Side note in the picture the three white “dots” aren’t dots, it’s just how the picture turned out.

pufferpresence20

If stringy poop and being lethargic are his only symptoms, I would lean towards either constipation or internal parasites. To be honest, I can't see anything wrong with his tail in the picture; it's just too blurry. Internal parasites would need to be treated with meds, but if constipation is the issue you can try an epsom salt bath and/or adding more fiber to his diet. Good luck!

Kassh4815

The spot on his tail is the murky whitish smudges. Those aren’t usually there just for you and anybody else reading

pufferpresence20

Those might just be spots where a scale got knocked off, are they fuzzy or do they look ulcer-like?

Kassh4815

i would say they look like murky coloring in the scale. Nothing is raised up from the scales everything is still smooth

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
bree78
Replies
Views
Lacey D
Replies
Views
Triston Wasmund
Replies
Views