Book or Magazine???

1. Jason Well Known Member Member

What do you think should I get a subscribtion to a magzaine if so which one? or shall I get another book??? I just want so more reading material. You can never know too much ;) I dont really want a mag/book with too much saltwater as I'm keen to learn Fresh first! ;)

2. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

J-Man thats a hard decision...... I subscribe to a aquarium mag and love getting something each month but its getting so many ads in it theres not much room for fish articles.
    It would be nice to have a friend who is interested in fish and then each of you could subscribe to different mags and then you could trade ;)
    Do you have a used book store close? That might be a way to get more fish books.
    I love books so... Oh I don't know!!!! ;D 'fraid I haven't been much help ::)
    Carol

3. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

i almost never buy books..i almost always get them from the library and renew them alot ;D

4. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

Forgo a magazine subscription and invest in the Baensch atlas's.
    The are pricey, but they are the best general books out there.
    They would run you about the same as a years subscription, but are a better value, IMO.

Dino

5. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

They are indeed excellent!!!
    Carol

6. Jason Well Known Member Member

Unfortunately I dont have a second had book store close, actually I've never seen a permanent one. I'll have a check at the library and will have a look in some book stores as they do seem to be more popular than the magazines. I remember looking at one and yeah it did have mostly ads... :)

7. Jason Well Known Member Member

My problemo is solved 2 new books for Christmas

8. dahly Member Member

Which magazine is better? I am looking to buy a subscription myself.

9. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Dahly go to someplace like books-a-Million and check out their aquarium mags and see which one you like best, then you know which one you want to subscribe to.
    I have aquarium Fish and think I may try Tropical Fish Hobbyist. Just about all the mags have an extreme amount of advertising.
    Carol