Bonsai Tree Project

OniEG

Reaction score
One of the many bonsaI trees I've been working on.

20200206_190129.jpg

Blueberrybetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Is that live in the tank?? I didnt know they could be fully submerged or will it eventually die off. .Still that's really freaking cool looking . I want a tree in my tank!

OP
O

OniEG

Reaction score
Blueberrybetta said:
Is that live in the tank?? I didnt know they could be fully submerged or will it eventually die off. .Still that's really freaking cool looking . I want a tree in my tank!
The wood is just driftwood so it's technically dead. The green portion is just Taiwanese moss that was tied down with a mesh. It's a great cs ter piece if you know what to do.

Blueberrybetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
OniEG said:
The wood is just driftwood so it's technically dead. The green portion is just Taiwanese moss that was tied down with a mesh. It's a great cs ter piece if you know what to do.
Dude, that's a brilliant idea. I really want to try that now. I thought it was a real bonsai:rolleyes: lol . Looks amazing though

OP
O

OniEG

Reaction score
Blueberrybetta said:
Dude, that's a brilliant idea. I really want to try that now. I thought it was a real bonsai:rolleyes: lol . Looks amazing though
If you need any help just let me know. The cost to do this one was roughly $200

TWiG87

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That looks incredible, but that’s pretty expensive for some driftwood and moss.

OP
O

OniEG

Reaction score
TWiG87 said:
That looks incredible, but that’s pretty expensive for some driftwood and moss.
The bonsaI tree is made up of driftwood. Driftwood is cheap but someone put the time to make it look like a tree. The moss portion was just 15 golf ball size to cover every spot.

Blueberrybetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
yeah that piece doesnt even look like driftwood! I thought it was a real mini tree lol so i bet it was pretty expensive. I feel I could pull this off with spiderwood maybe.... not sure but want to try. Do you know what type of moss that is? Would any moss work? I have 0 experience with moss but always wanted some!

OP
O

OniEG

Reaction score
Blueberrybetta said:
yeah that piece doesnt even look like driftwood! I thought it was a real mini tree lol so i bet it was pretty expensive. I feel I could pull this off with spiderwood maybe.... not sure but want to try. Do you know what type of moss that is? Would any moss work? I have 0 experience with moss but always wanted some!
The moss I used was Taiwanese moss and that's 3 months of growth. It's really easy to do. Also, do not use moss balls. It looks like trash to me, but others find it pleasing.

New Threads