Bones in Aquaria

Red1313

I'm not refering to fish bones. We were fixing fence up in one of our pastures and we found an old cow skull, cleaned to the bones. I was looking at it and thinking that it might look sort of interesting in an aquarium but wasn't sure if it would be safe... What do you guys think?
Thanks,

Toxic

I thinks its a bad idea, there has to be tons of bad algae and bacteria. The bones won't last long, they will soon be coming aprt.

Toxic

I have a better idea, go get a hair bleaching kit from a beauty store (peroxide). If the skull is completly clean of all tissue, you can bleach it out white with the kit. But don't put it in the Aquarium, hang it on a wall.

Red1313

It is completely clean (being in the great outdoors for a few years with the coyotes has a way of insuring that) but thanks for the heads up

MarkWVU02

I love the idea...I think it would look sick...I'm thinking there's got to be a way...maybe an aquarium safe clearcoat spray of sorts to prevent it from falling apart...kind of like seal the bones in...no idea what but it's a thought

mathas

It did not work out well for the poster in , but there's no mention of how the skull he used was sanitized prior to use. It was also adivsed against in due to potential for rapid decomposition.

I've never tried it, but it seems like it might be more trouble than it's worth.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom