Advertising

1. Amazon PRIME Day is today!
    Stock up on aquarium goodies!

No PRIME membership? No problem, sign up for a 30 Day Free Prime Trial to take advantage of the PRIME day sale prices!

Dismiss Notice

Bolts/screws for Fluval Mini Power Compact Lamp

1. WhiteWulfe

WhiteWulfe Valued Member Member

I'm not having any luck with Googling this. My Fluval Flora kit (that I acquired for $30 CAD!) appears to not have included the screws that secure the bulb in place. Does anyone know the type of nut and bolts that are used for securing the lamp in place with the Fluval Mini Power Compact Lights? Sadly the manual doesn't say a thing other than "use a screwdriver to remove screws!"

Thanks in advance!

2. Rivieraneo

Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

3. OP
    OP
    WhiteWulfe

Yup, that's the light! I'm not referring to the adjustment thumbscrews, or the three plastic screws that hold the base against the tank. I'm referring to the ones that hold the bulb in place:

20140809_125316.jpg
    They go where the red circle is. A bolt (screw according to instructions) with a nut to hold it in place. There's one there, and the second is accessible if you remove the hood on the top left of the bulb.

Rune's Ebi kit came with the screws, but my Flora didn't for some reason... Then again, they were floor models.

EDIT: Okay, odd. For some reason, even though the pic on my hard drive has the circle, that one doesn't. Look just under the Fluval text and there's this odd spot that clearly looks like a six sided nut should belong there - that's the hardware I'm trying to figure out length and thread pitch on so I can just go pick up replacements at Canadian Tire or Home Depot.

4. OP
    OP
    WhiteWulfe

Or will the bulb stay in place without those bolts?

5. Rivieraneo

Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

you may need to buy an assortment of stainless steel machine bolts and nuts and see what fits, I would take the light fixture with you to the store so you can size them properly.

Advertising