Bolivian Rams With African Dwarf Frog?

Buganjimo
Soooo I went to petsmart tonight (you know where this is going) and totally fell head over heels for a pair or bolivian rams. I have a 20 long up and running and it has been for months, it has one male betta and 5 ADFs. I have a 3 gallon tank I could move the betta to and I have a 5.5 gallon with a betta that I could probably add a couple of the frogs to maybe... I was going to ask, can bolivian rams be kept with african dwarf frogs? Also, these rams were really well paired and were fully grown so I am assuming they were dropped off there. Also, I know I put this in the ram section but would it be detrimental to the betta to move him to a 3 gallon from a 20 long? He is a halfmoon so lots of fins so I dunno. I’d probably upgrade him to a 12” cube (about 7.3 gallons) in the future some point. Both are planted tanks if that makes a difference. 3 gallon has a sponge filter and 20 has a aquaclear 50

Advertisement
Mcasella
If he is uncomfortable in the 20 i'd say he would be fine with the smaller tank. I don't know if your other betta will tolerate them, but the main issue is bolivian rams like cool temps compared to what bettas prefer.

Buganjimo
No, if I got the rams I would definitely move the betta to a different tank, what I was asking was if the frogs would bother or be bothered by the rams.

Mcasella
No, if I got the rams I would definitely move the betta to a different tank, what I was asking was if the frogs would bother or be bothered by the rams.
I have no experience with dwarf frogs, but they are said to need a species tank for themselves because they have issues finding food when faster fish live in the same area of the tank, there is the possibility of smaller fish getting eaten when thy are sleeping as well.

Buganjimo
Ok, I already have them in a tank with a betta so I hand feed them anyways to make sure they get food, the betta always tries to steal it so I don't mind

kayla.s
As long as both the Bolivians and frogs are temperature compatible and you make sure they all get fed, you should be fine the betta will be fine in the 3, but definitely appreciate an upgrade when you can manage it.

Buganjimo
Okay perfect, now I just need to convince my parents that I can handle another tank *sigh*

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
shusband
Replies
Views
BottomDweller
Replies
Views
atomic4877
Replies
Views