Bolivian Rams With A Betta

toran

Hello,
I'm going to be changing somethings around within the next couple weeks. (Then I'll change my profile)

I have a few options. Wondering what you guys think of them.

1) 20 long
1 male betta
2 Bolivian rams
5 peacock gudgeons
2 nerite snails
2 amano shrimp

2) 20 long
Same as #1 but NO betta

3) 29 gallon
2 Bolivian rams
11 panda cories
4 amano shrimp
2 nerite snails

Has anyone ever tried a betta with Bolivian rams?

Thanks so much.

RainBetta

I wouldn't ever put a betta with any chiclids. It's going to end up the sane as having 2 males bettas together

toran

I wouldn't ever put a betta with any chiclids. It's going to end up the sane as having 2 males bettas together
Thanks for reply. I was wondering about that. But you think rams and gudgeons are fine? Bolivian rams are supposed to be very peaceful.

Fanatic

I wouldn't do the rams, simply because one of the two could be aggressive towards one another.
The betta would most likely be the attacker, but rams could injure a betta in a fight.

toran

I wouldn't do the rams, simply because one of the two could be aggressive towards one another.
The betta would most likely be the attacker, but rams could injure a betta in a fight.
Thanks for reply! I'm hoping to get a male and a female ram. Research I've found says a group of 6 (tank isn't big enough), a mated pair or just one ram. Do you know if 2 females would work?

I won't put a betta with Bolivian rams

Fanatic

Thanks for reply! I'm hoping to get a male and a female ram. Research I've found says a group of 6 (tank isn't big enough), a mated pair or just one ram. Do you know if 2 females would work?

I won't put a betta with Bolivian rams

I think so, although could be wrong.

alykat

Thanks for reply. I was wondering about that. But you think rams and gudgeons are fine? Bolivian rams are supposed to be very peaceful.

Rams and gudgeons would work well! I know you’ve already decided against the betta but I also wouldn’t have risked the betta with the gudgeons as they’re too brightly colored.

toran

Rams and gudgeons would work well! I know you’ve already decided against the betta but I also wouldn’t have risked the betta with the gudgeons as they’re too brightly colored.
Okay, thanks. I was trying to get a 3rd betta!!! My gudgeons are such sweet fish, don't want to harm them.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Gameynerd23
  • Question
Replies
Views
Megaanemp
Replies
Views
Rockhaus
Replies