Bolivian Rams and Pearl Gourami compatibility?

Jowenbra

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Can those 2 live together peacefully? I have a 40 gallon breeder cycling and this would be my ideal stock: Do you think it's enough space? Or should it be one or the other? Recommendations welcome! Side note: It's planted with a mix of sand for the bottom dwellers and gravel for the plants.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'd pick either the cories or the loaches, but not both.

Otherwise, that should work! Just watch for aggression from the Bolivians when breeding.

superbutterfly12

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ooh nice looks like beautiful stocking to me!

shaelis

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I would lower the amount of tetras (both kinds) because once you have it stocked you can always add more. However for now that seems like it will fill your tank up! I would not get both the cories and loaches. If I were you I would get just the loaches! For my tank I have pearls and Bolivians planned out. 3 female pearls and 1 male and 1 female Bolivian. Just something to think about!

Jowenbra

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Alright thanks for the advice everyone, what if I lowered the amount of loaches and kuhlis to say 7 each? I really would love to have them both.

shaelis

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Well I thought the khuli loaches were just one group. Or do you mean the cories and loaches?

shaelis

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
And it is preferable to just have one set of bottom feeders, also if you don't have a top for your tank you can't have loaches as they will leave your tank. (I'm sure you knew that, just in case though!) so be sure to include that in your decision.

Jowenbra

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Alright yeah that's what I meant. That's really unfortunate then because I love loaches but I have a group of 5 corys already in a 10 gallon tank which isn't big enough for them so I guess I'll go with corys and get a shoal of corys. If I ditched the loaches do you think I could up the amount of corys?

shaelis

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
If you wanted yes, the loaches take up a bit of space so that will allow for a few more corys. However it is always preferable to be below 100% stocking wise. I love your stocking by the way! Going to be a gorgeous tank!

superbutterfly12

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Jowenbra said:
Alright yeah that's what I meant. That's really unfortunate then because I love loaches but I have a group of 5 corys already in a 10 gallon tank which isn't big enough for them so I guess I'll go with corys and get a shoal of corys. If I ditched the loaches do you think I could up the amount of corys?
I think you could definitely get a dozen in there, not sure about more than that, but you can always pause, you're supposed to stock slowly, which is really hard to to do! But you can always add 2 or 3 more if you think there still seems to be plenty of space right?

Jowenbra

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks I appreciate it, I've spent the past couple weeks fine tuning it, took me forever to decide what my second species of tetra besides cardinal would be... And I'm still not 100% on it lol

Jowenbra

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started

Anders247

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The two would be fine together, agreed with TD.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom