Bolivian ram with Pearl Gourami in 34gallon?

Radumanole0

Tank dimensions are 80x40x40cm.

I would like my stocking to be:

One Bolivian ram,
A school of 6-8 espei rasboras
A school of 6-8 rummynose tetras

And I'm now thinking about what other one interesting fish to add that would go along with my ram. I would really like a female Betta but that seems risky. An angelfish would need a taller tank in the long run I believe. Honey gourami seems like the smartest choice but I don't really like the look of them.

Would a pearl gourami get along with a Bolivian ram in my tank? Any other options?

SharlM

Bolivian rams can be bossy but peaceful. They mostly only squabble with other Rams

Upvote 0

carsonsgjs

They also occupy different areas of the tank so should be fine - bolivians stick to the bottom and gouramis mid/top.

Upvote 0

Bettatakeover

I have a female betta in with my female bolivian. The only time they ever squabble is when the betta tries to steal the bolivian’s food. The the Bolivian kind of head butts her away. They are in with ember tetras and rummynose. I also have 7 panda cories.
But I think a pearl would work too. They are much bigger than a betta.

Upvote 0

Radumanole0

D
I have a female betta in with my female bolivian. The only time they ever squabble is when the betta tries to steal the bolivian’s food. The the Bolivian kind of head butts her away. They are in with ember tetras and rummynose. I also have 7 panda cories.
But I think a pearl would work too. They are much bigger than a betta.

That sounds so cool. That would be ideal to me, but I'm still scared they would not get together :D if I try it I'll have to talk to my fish store and see if they would take the Betta back if it doesn't work out

Upvote 0

Bettatakeover

D

That sounds so cool. That would be ideal to me, but I'm still scared they would not get together :D if I try it I'll have to talk to my fish store and see if they would take the Betta back if it doesn't work out

When I bought her she was in a sorority. We watched them for quite a while and picked her because she never started any of the fights but held her own. We also added her first because Bolivians were not available at lfs at the time.

Attachments

• E9FD6E2C-946E-43F1-A025-F29BAAAFA791.jpeg
    E9FD6E2C-946E-43F1-A025-F29BAAAFA791.jpeg
    205.9 KB · Views: 18
  • DC19F9B1-FB6E-4E70-8364-79B92B719F63.jpeg
    DC19F9B1-FB6E-4E70-8364-79B92B719F63.jpeg
    288.7 KB · Views: 19
Upvote 0

New Aquarium Stocking Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom