Bolivian ram stocking

df07205h

Reaction score
Hi all I'm setting up a new tank and was wondering if I can put 2 male bolivian rams in the same tank, it is not my wish to cause any undue harm or stress to the fish as I have had a bad experience with other cichlids in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nympxzie

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
How large is the tank?
I would say no, 2 male rams will fight. but depending on the size you can do a female and male

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome to Fishlore
I've deleted your duplicate thread & edited the title of this one to enable you to get the best responses to your question.
Please only make one thread per topic

Last edited:

df07205h

Reaction score
df07205h

Hi Coradee thanks for that, Im new to forums. Hi Nympxzie. Depending on where you are it's a 40ltrtank. I thought that may be the case.

Last edited:

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
40 liters is way too small for 2 rams. You would need at least 100L to accommodate two Rams.

df07205h

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the advice, at least now I know. I have obviously been miss informed about this particular fish, again many thanks.

Nympxzie

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Is there anything in the tank right now? Maybe we can help you pick out some fish for your tank.

df07205h

Reaction score
not at the moment I'm still running it in so to speak, its only been running for just short of 3 days so wont be putting anything in till the weekend. Would be grateful for any suggestions though.

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Honey gouramis are not suitable for 10 gallon tanks. They need 20 gallons like other gouramis. Only gourami that works is a sparkling.

df07205h

Reaction score
Hi guys its been a while since my last post about Bolivian Rams, I have since decided against rams and now have 3 Rummy nose Tetra, 3 Cherry Barbs, a bronze Cory, a Peppered Cory and a Shrimp. I'm happy to say they are all getting along fine and happy. Many thanks to all for your advice.

MinervaBelle

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My advice to you would be to return the cory catfish and get a couple more cherry barbs, if anything. Cory catfish look really small and harmless, but they love being in big groups and having a long tank. Cherry barbs are the same way, but if you're set on having them I would keep those over the cories. Cherry barbs are pretty hardy fish.

Anders247

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If you returned all of them, which you should, you could get a group of ember tetras, celestial pearl danios, or chili rasboras.
I'd only get one of those species, you could have up to 12 in a 10g imo.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom