Bolivian Ram Hurt? Need Help

ChapouJunior

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hey guys, I woke this morning to notice my bolivian ram with this : (see the pictures). There's like 2 red spots on both of is fin just like if he bleeds from it. I don't know what's happening. He's in my tank since the beginning (2years now). My water params are fine : 0, 0, 5. Ph 7.0-7.2.

He seems fine, he does not show strange behaviours, the fishes with him could not have hurt him since they are harlequin rasboras, guppy and a honey gourami way smaller than him.

I'm scared of losing him..

Thanks already.
20180505_104230.jpg
20180505_104237.jpg
1525531513624.jpg

Could it be that is coloration changed? Like it seems a like perfect circle around the fin both sides... Maybe I'm scared for nothing

Ryan P

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Do you have any decor that he might have gotten stuck and struggled to get out? I'm not a big fan of any meds so if it's just bruises of being stock keeping your water in pristine condition should help him heal quickly

ChapouJunior

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ryan P said:
Do you have any decor that he might have gotten stuck and struggled to get out? I'm not a big fan of any meds so if it's just bruises of being stock keeping your water in pristine condition should help him heal quickly
I'm not a fan of meds either. This is my tank, (I need to trim my plants lol). I don't think there is something sharp, maybe the anchor... But it's on his both fins almost symetrical
1525531991900.jpg

Ryan P

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
ChapouJunior said:
I'm not a fan of meds either. This is my tank, (I need to trim my plants lol). I don't think there is something sharp, maybe the anchor... But it's on his both fins almost symetricalView attachment 435538
tank looks good! I have the same problem on my tank, I have a heavily planted tank once they go behind somewhere we don't know what's going on. So I guess just continue to monitor him if he acts fine and normal just keep up the good water condition and he should heal nicely. Good Luck!

ChapouJunior

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ryan P said:
tank looks good! I have the same problem on my tank, I have a heavily planted tank once they go behind somewhere we don't know what's going on. So I guess just continue to monitor him if he acts fine and normal just keep up the good water condition and he should heal nicely. Good Luck!
Thank you , and thats so true lol! I changed my lighting yesterday, maybe his coloration could have changed. I'll update if his behaviour changes, right now I saw him chasing my HG when she got close to his favorite spot so that's good news for me. He looks in shape.

Ryan P

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
ChapouJunior said:
Thank you , and thats so true lol! I changed my lighting yesterday, maybe his coloration could have changed. I'll update if his behaviour changes, right now I saw him chasing my HG when she got close to his favorite spot so that's good news for me. He looks in shape.
keep us posted Cheers!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom