Bolivian ram disaster(rehoming) need help

Crazyfishperson

Okay so I bought a Bolivian ram that I was positive was a female bc I really wanted to try my hand at breeding her with my male.
She turned out to be a he needed to be rehomed so I offered him to a friend who has a classroom aquarium. Suzie (the Bolivian ram being rehomed) would be spoiled rotten and well taken care of but what Im worried about is the tank is 18 gallons?

it currently has 4 female bettas 1 platy and some guppies who will be given to me after they become adults probably the same with the platy anyway.

Would Suzie be okay in a tank like this, its not heavily planted but I'm bringing over a ton of plants for the person. I can return him to the store but I didnt think to get a receipt so idk, any advice
the tank is also fairly long
Update: Just checked with friend the tank is 20g

Ksway

No it is too small for a Bolivian ram and I imagine wouldn't get along with the stocking in that small of an aquarium

wateriswet

Is it a 20 high or a 20 long? If it's a long, I think you could keep 1 ram. However, I'd be worried about keeping any cichlid like a ram with Bettas. I think, no matter the size tank, you'll end up with aggression issues with those types of fish together.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
CTYankee79
Replies
Views
Thunder_o_b
Replies
Views
Sweetness
Replies