Bolivian & German Rams Together? Question

1. KevInLA Member Member

Hi everyone, so Im starting out my cycling process soon on my new 60 gallon tank (48x15x18) and was thinking about sticking. My goal is to do an all male tank with 1 of a few different dwarf species (Im doing a CA/SA tank) as well as a Tbar or Electric Blue Acara as a centerpiece. Also throwing in some corys and a top dwelling school of tetras or something like that.

Since Im starting out i figured Id get a Bolivian Ram first since theyre hardier than the BGR, though the GBR is definitely on my list of fish to get if possible.

My question is, would a single male Bolivian Ram & a single GBR get along in my tank? Im also wanting to include an Apisto and a pleco if that helps too.

Any other suggestions are also most welcome. Thanks!

*stocking

2. Fanatic Well Known Member Member

No, I believe they are temperature incompatible.

3. BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

I agree with Fanatic. I wouldn't keep bolivians over 76f and I wouldn't keep GBR below 80f

4. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Yeah, they're temperature incompatible.

5. BeanFish Well Known Member Member

If you google the temperatures the German Blue Ram experiences you will see they live in ovens. Almost 27-28 (roughly 82-84) is the average and the temp I would keep them at while Bolivian Rams come from cooler regions and the highest they go is about 26 Celsius or so. Because of this reason I would not mix them together.

6. KevInLA Member Member

Well then, I think it looks like I'll need to adjust the kind I want in my tank. I'll probably go with the Bolivian since the other fish im looking at are within their temp range more than the gbr. I appreciate the responses guys.
    If you have any suggestions or favorites you think I should consider, let me know!

7. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Apistogramma borelli would be temp-compatible with bolivian rams.

8. KevInLA Member Member

Yes. On the Apisto front I was thinking between one of those, apistogramma cacatuoides or apistogramma agazzizi.