Bojangles the Ferret

Discussion in 'Ferrets' started by Jahnikar, May 31, 2012.

1. Jahnikar

JahnikarValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +4
    Experience:
    1 year
    Our newest addition to the family: Bojangles the white ferret. He was a craigslist find that we adopted yesterday.

I don't know why he looks so yellow in this pic but this is my boyfriend holding him:

Snoozing. He reminds me of a polar bear in this one lol.

So far he's been fairly well-behaved. He likes my 6 year old son and couldn't care less about my boxer. However, the boxer seems convinced this slinky white thing is going to eat him if he doesn't watch it constantly :giggle:

I am a little frustrated though that he doesn't seem to know his name (we kept the name the previous owners gave him) or respond to any attempts to "call him" at all. Everything I've read says that ferrets are very smart so I'm hoping he will catch on to this soon.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  2. Ethan

EthanWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +9
    Experience:
    2 years
    very smart and insanely stinky..

3. OP
    OP
    Jahnikar

JahnikarValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +4
    Experience:
    1 year
    Really? He doesn't smell too bad. He's been neutered and de-scented.

4. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Ratings:
    +313
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Good morning,

Beautiful! I had a ferret many years ago. Her name was Annie and she was potty trained to use a big tray with cat liter. She never really ever learned her name nor would she come to me when I called her. Yes, they are smart creatures, but I wouldn't count on Bojangles ever coming on command or really learning her name. You never know though! :)

I hope you and your boyfriend have many years of enjoyment with your new pet. :)

Annie loved to crawl through a hose that I had bought for my clothes dryer. She would even sleep in it so I let her have it and bought another one for the dryer. The longer the hose the better. Makes a great toy and get away for the ferret.

I also had her spayed and descented. Note of caution, your toes will look like baby mice to her! Watch the bare feet! lol

Ken

Become a Fishlore Member