body disformation

1. Quibbles Member Member

Hi fishlore, meet Golem. Golem *was* a success story, now, months later I worried. So Golem came home with half a tail, a bent spine, one fin, and discoloration. I helped him out, he does well now. Well, not anymore. This likely has nothing to do with his precious stuff, that is VERY old news, and he recovered. Well, now Golem has "issues". I recently noticed he was hiding. When he came out, I went, "whoa". He has weird lumps on his body, defiantly not whitespot. It looks like he grew huge tumors overnight. I did an immediate water change, took a picture when he came out of hiding, sorry the water is cloudy. Oh, and by the way, he's a cardinal tetra. Wee little thing.
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    The picture is horrible, you can hardly tell. I don't expect Golem to make it a this point, not eating and everything, but I really want to diagnose it and prevent more outbreaks. P.S. I have encountered NTD before(a very woeful tale), but this seems different. And the spine thing is not from NTD but a birth defect.

2. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Do the lumps appear to be under the skin or are they on the skin? Are they the same colour as the fish or different? Can you tell if they're getting larger quickly?

3. Quibbles Member Member

They look to be under skin, same body coloration, and I can't tell abojut growth because my tank is specially made for shy fish, and I can never see Golem clearly enough.

4. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Well, until someone who has actually seen this before comes along and tells you different, I would just leave him be and let him live out his life. My guess is that they're tumours of some sort. If you're worried that they're from something contagious though then by all means put him in quarantine or euthanize. I understand if you don't want to do that though x

5. Quibbles Member Member

:( Seems like I'll just let him be for now. There is always a chance he will live, slim as it may be.

6. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Good luck x

7. Quibbles Member Member

Thanks.