Bobs Tropical Plants Problems

Discussion in 'Commercial Websites' started by ShannonDago, Apr 13, 2017.

1. ShannonDago

ShannonDago New Member Member

Hi how long does it usually take bobs tropical plants to ship ferts? I ordered a few different ferts on march 27 and sent them a message last week and one today. I haven't herd back at all and I see that they took the payment but have not shipped anything yet. I've herd good reviews about them so I'm just curious if this is normal. I'm new to the forum so I hope this is where it's supposed to be.

2. James17

James17 Well Known Member Member

Hi
    Welcome to FishLore
    Never ordered from them, don't know.

3. vijay3242

vijay3242 Well Known Member Member

He might not be shipping for a while. He only ships on certain days. Also he is probably;y busy since he is tearing everything down in preparation for building his new fish room. I trust him and he will probably ship them after easter.

4. OP
    OP
    ShannonDago

Ok great thank you! I won't worry about it then.

5. Dolfan

Dolfan Fishlore VIP Member

Not to scare you, but there is a lot of bad reviews on the web about Bob's Tropical Plants. There are even some formal complaints listed on the Better Business Bureau database. I have NO experience personally with them, so they may be great, but it seems there are also a lot of unhappy customers out there. Try googling "bobs tropical plants review". I would suggest staying on top of it until you receive your purchase. The squeaky wheel gets the oil sometimes. Good luck.

6. OP
    OP
    ShannonDago

Thank you I hope they ship soon because my plants are not looking to great. I don't want to buy ferts in the meantime because I just spend about$40 at bobs. I've read a lot of bad reviews on dead fish and plants but I figured I would be safe with buying ferts. I guess I just have to wait it out and hopefully they hear me squeaking haha :)

7. Dolfan

Dolfan Fishlore VIP Member

For future reference, I highly recommend greenleafaquariums.com or GLA for short. They are well known in the industry, making high quality plant stuff like CO2 and dosing equipment. They also sell ferts very cheap and have some premade packages for Estimate Index etc. I think I got my EI pack from them for around $15 plus $5 or so for shipping. So for around $20 I have probably 5 years or more worth of fertilizer for my low tech 40 gallon tank.

8. OP
    OP
    ShannonDago

I will have to take a look at there site! Thanks!

Hi do u have any other way to contact them besides the contact link on the site? It looks like they still have not shipped and that means they won't till next week if they even ship at all. I'm pretty upset because they took my money quite a while ago and have not responded to my messages. I don't know what to do.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2017
  9. Lchi87

Lchi87 Moderator Moderator Member

For what it's worth, I'm not a fan. Communication was shoddy. I ordered kuhlis from him awhile back, never got an email saying they were shipped out or a response when I reached out to find out if they HAD gone out and if there was tracking available. They ended up being delivered while I was out of town and sat in a box outside. I wasn't expecting fish so I told who ever was home it wasn't anything important but luckily he opened the box anyway and found the kuhlis there, with one DOA. Emailed him again regarding the situation and never got a response. I won't be doing business with him again.

10. OP
    OP
    ShannonDago

Ya I hate to say it but I won't be ordering from them anymore. I've herd about 50/50 mixed reviews and it is not right that they have not gotten back to me and have not shipped the ferts yet. It said on the website that sometimes orders are shipped out the following week but that has not been the case.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2017
  11. vijay3242

vijay3242 Well Known Member Member

The only communications I used was from the website. Sorry that he is not working for you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice