Bn Pleco Babies

Genavelle

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So a few weeks ago, we discovered baby plecos in our 55 gallon tank....

I guess I'm probably going to end up just selling them on Craigslist or something, but I wanted to see if anyone had any other ideas on what to do with them (I don't want to bother with shipping fish).

I'm also curious about if there's anything special I should be doing to raise them? And how big/old should they be before I give them away? They're still pretty tiny and I doubt I'd be able to even catch them right now.

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
You can always check with your local fish store to see if they'll buy them from you or give you store credit. If not, try to sell them on fish pages on Facebook too.

As for the care of them, I would assume to just keep the water clean and make sure your parameters are in check. I think you can sell them when they get to and inch to and inch and a half.

Genavelle

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Here's a pic I got of one of the babies today. I've been trying to count them, and it seems like there are atleast maybe 20 in my tank.
Signed1437.jpg

Signed1438.jpg

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Unless you are breeding for a store or want to be overrun by young plecos I would remove one of your pair and rehome or set up a separate tank (if you can), they breed ridiculously, i had one albino female that could and did lay over 80 eggs by herself, not to mention with another female with the male.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom