BlueGrass Aquatics

1. Marine Man Member Member

I am thinking of purchasing $250 worth of Discuss (getting me free shipping) from Bluegrass Aquatics and was wondering how people felt about purchasing from this site. Any experiences (good or bad) with them? I want to know that they are a great supplier before I go ahead and purchase $250 worth of fish.:;scuba

Does anyone have any reviews????

2. uphill4me Member Member

A group of us ordered from them a few years ago. They arrived very quickly but were similar quality to other sources. The variety they offer was great but the fish that arrived were not exactly as ordered. We were satisfied but to my knowledge, none of us has ordered from them since. Smaller orders are not really a fair assessment (I think ours was around $800). I'd say give it a shot, expect some mortality and don't be upset if your most desired Discus arrive but some of the others are differ from your request. I didn't deal directly with the company but the guy that did (is difficult to please) was quite satisfied.

3. Marine Man Member Member

Anyone else???? And what happens if your fish are nit correct?!

4. uphill4me Member Member

LOL - I don't know about other people; we decided to have a draft for the Discus.Those who ordered a special one that did arrive could use their first draft pick to protect one selection. Worked well, added to the fun but some got too tipsy to take fish home that day. The only unhappy one in the group ordered the most obscured selections, none of which arrived; only exactly what he ordered would satisfy him and we warned him before the order was made what may happen. Another group member purchased his share to give him his money back and (attempt to) keep the peace.

Life (ordering Discus) is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you gonna get.

5. Marine Man Member Member

So if I order 6 discus I might not get the ones I want. I might send him an email the day before or the day oy my order and tell him I have heard that many people did not get what they wanted when purchasing from you before. I am ordering these fish and I want these exact ones. Please have these show up at my door.
    Would that work?

6. Sharkdude Well Known Member Member

On one of my other forums they are a sponsor and are highly recommend. I almost ordered from them but I didn't like their shipping cost so I got the fish elsewhere.

7. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

8. uphill4me Member Member

I wouldn't worry too much about wrong fish. I believe the replacements were all of higher value and better health; seems (formerly) common good business practice. The expensive ones all arrived. Unless of course you are really set on a particular fish. Sometimes life throws you a pleasant surprise, go with it.