blue water?

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Why do I often find Bettas in cups of blue water? does this meen anything significant?

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
There is a chemical that is supposed to contain some form of oxygen that comes in this liquid. A lot of breeders ship the Bettas they mail in this fluid. It is supposed to keep them alive with no care for a few days. It is probably better than the standard dirty water you see many little guys in but only if it is kept clean. It is what they use to take the place of filtration supposedly. I think it works for shipment but not for full time immersion in petstores.

Rose

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
the blue water is usally a tablet that is droped into the water and it supersaturates the water with O2 allowing the betta to live longer tho he might be hungarier when u get him....that is all it does. the down fall to it is that when the Betta starts using the bathroom, the ammonia will build up and push the oxygen out too so i would think that this method is only used for transportation.

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
the local petsmart that I go to puts the blue stuff in their cups after they hav been shipped .

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
yeah to keep them healthier longer like i said these tablets supersaturate the water with O2 making it easier to keep the betta longer w/o having to put them on the discounted shelf

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
it is a cheat so they do not have to change the water as often.

Rose

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
basically that is all it is tho i'm not sure the lps does change the water i mean at Petco the bettas from the day b4 are stuck on the discount shelves kinda sad really

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
discount shelves?all the bettas appear to be the same price (cept crowntails).

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
if u look at petco u have the vibrant ones for like 7 usd ea and then u have the ones that look like they will be dead in a day or so for like 3.50 usd that is the discount shelf and the petco by me only sells crowntails tho there are some beautiful ones..

divakeeks

Valued Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about all that Brent ...

I bought my Jesse on the "discount" shelf at PetCo and he lived for 9-10 months. He was a much older fish (by size I am judging this) than the other fish.

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
well the ones i always see on those shelves look like they know the grim reaper personally maybe it is different with each store idk tho

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
weird..maybe it's just my area, but I have never seen a betta discount shelf...or any discount fish for that matter.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom