5 Gallon Tank Blue Velvet Shrimp

Chewbroccoli

Hi guys,

Before I rush out and grab some Blue Velvet Shrimp I wanted to do a quick check with the process of introducing them to the tank when I'm ready. I know they are not the toughest of shrimp and I have read quite a few horror death stories within 24 hours of adding them.

Has anyone had any experience in phasing them into the tank?

ANudibranch

Hello! I personally have experienced the so absolute destruction of the population of them in my tank. However, I keep them successfully now and the reason to that is because of my acclimation process. I get them, but them in a bucket with a sponge in it (aquarium sponge) and drip acclimate them for 5-6 hours. Works every time and no deaths unless they're very weak or old already.

richiep

This is the drip setup I use,any control valve will do to get the drip coming out at 1DPS
The airstone on the other end weights the tube and stops and shrimp I have in the tank going up the tube.
I strongly agree with ANudibranch on the length of time for dripping blues, I've just started another blue tank and 5/6hrs dripping
Because they'll be in the container/bucket for this length of time adding some moss for them to cling to will help with stress

20181124_141044.jpg

Chewbroccoli

Excellent feedback thanks guys, this is what I was after.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ryl33a
Replies
Views
Ginger2078
  • Question
Replies
Views
Tryne
  • Question