Blue Tetras?

Caitlin Rose

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me about these guys? I got a few "Blue Tetras" is this a new tetra, one I haven't heard of before, or (hopefuly not) dyed?? They are similar in size and shape to the Neon, but their body is an opaline white color, fading to a shimmery blue near the tail end. I think when full grown they might be slightly larger than a neon since my new "Blue Tetras" are almost as big as my 2 year old Neons. They are more active than the Neons, swiming a lot and darting around, even bullying my Neons! Please help me as I haven't seen anything on them anywhere.... They were from a PetCo in Monterey California if that helps..

Thanks,
Caitlin

Caitlin Rose

Reaction score
Thanks for the link, I'm not sure about them being peaceful, maybe a larger school would be happier... right now they are running for a tie with my Chinese Algae Eater as jerkiest tankmate of the year.

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I just saw bue tetras at my LFS for the first time. I don't think that they are dyed because of their scientific name. I looked online, and didn't find anything to indicate dyed fish. I think they are beautiful and am thinking about getting some.

wolfman21

Valued Member
Reaction score
I doubt that blue tetras are dyed, the people that dye them are probably going to spend more time on other fish. THey are going to get bigger than a full-sized neon tetra, and from my experience, they are pretty territorial and want to own the tank, but that depends on the tetra. Try to keep them in schools.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom