Blue tank?

dacota34

Reaction score
I have just added a chemical to clear my WHITE SPOT and i have to add more in four day.
How long before the water clears.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What chemical did you use and what are the instructions for use?
Carol

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
it sounds like you used something with methalyne (spelling) blue - fungus clear or parasite clear? when you're done with using the medicine (4 days after the last dose), you can put carbon back in your filter (new carbon) and do a 25% partial water change. the blue should clear out before too long, depending on the strength of your filter and size of your tank.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Often meds with methylene blue in it will stain the silicone that holds your tank together blue. If it does it doesn't mean anything is wrong.
Carol

dacota34

Reaction score
Yes carol it does say it will stain silicon, have looked at fish and all looks ok should i still re-dose on monday when all looks ok.
Thanks

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
dacota34 said:
Yes carol it does say it will stain silicon, have looked at fish and all looks ok should i still re-dose on monday when all looks ok.
Thanks
It's kind of a your-call thing to do the 2nd dose. if you feel there's a good chance any fin rot is still in your fish, then do the 2nd dose but if you think they just need to regrow fins, then put in new AC after a PWC and treat their water with Novaqua+ or Stresscoat and add vitachem if you can. with clean water & love, the fins will grow back. Good luck with them.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
See how they look on monday and decide.
Carol

dacota34

Reaction score
Thanks carol you have been a great help.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom