Blue Tang won't come out of rocks

blackhawkfan

Hello,
I have had a blue tang for about 8 months. For the past week, it has been hiding in the rocks. I know it is there because I see it's tail. I don't think it is stuck because I did move the rock around a few days ago and it came out for about 10 seconds. I do take a water sample to the pet store every week for testing, and everything has been fine. Not sure what is going on. Has anyone ever heard of a fish going into hibernation?

Butterfly

Welcome to FishLore!
Is another fish picking on him? Other than that I don't know.
I would encourage you to get your own testing supplies. Many times the pet stores use testing strips (testing strips are unreliable) or are not using the other tests correctly. Having your own testing supplies would allow you to test when every you wanted and to know the exact numbers as well as keep track of them.
Carol

josh11551

how many and what other fish do you have?

ATP

Butterfly said:
Welcome to FishLore!
Is another fish picking on him? Other than that I don't know.
I would encourage you to get your own testing supplies. Many times the pet stores use testing strips (testing strips are unreliable) or are not using the other tests correctly. Having your own testing supplies would allow you to test when every you wanted and to know the exact numbers as well as keep track of them.
Carol
that would depend on the pet stores. Most of my LFS uses pretty expensive test kits. Better than mine atleast.

As for the blue tang, is there anything new happening in the tank? Meaning have added more livestock, equipment, etc.

blackhawkfan

I did get a kole tang a few weeks ago, but he seems very shy. Other than that we did move the rocks around a little when cleaning the tank. The other fish I have are two clownfish, a yellow tang, a foxface, a flame hawk, and a butterfly fish. They have all been together for quite some time without any problems.

josh11551

how long have you had the blue tang? maybe its just old? or the levels in your tank could be outta whack and need to be tested.

ATP

btw, if you remember, what was your results of your test? What test kit did your store use? Test kits or test strips?

dee34

the regel tang can at times act a bit weird, they like to lie down on their side in between the decor or LR . I would keep an eye on it for sure just to be safe !

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom