Blue Tang in QT

Tsweet
My new Tang has been in QT for just today 14 days. This morning these spots showed up. I have been treating with copper and Paraguard as recommended. Any idea as to what it is?

AggressiveAquatics
I’m not sure if the same concepts apply for saltwater like they do for fresh but it kind of looks like bacterial infection.

Tsweet
It turned out to be that a bacterial infection. The QT tank had elevated nitrite and nitrate levels. I quickly did a 100% water change and cleaned tank. Re added the fish and and am treating. They seed improved this morning.

Mike
What all are you feeding it and is it eating good? Also, I'd throw a rock in there and tie or rubber band some nori (dried seaweed) on it and keep it in there 24/7 so they have something to eat to help strengthen them up.

Tsweet
Mike said:
What all are you feeding it and is it eating good? Also, I'd throw a rock in there and tie or rubber band some nori (dried seaweed) on it and keep it in there 24/7 so they have something to eat to help strengthen them up.
i was feeding them frozen Mysis and seaweed but i think i was feeding too much. They have been in the QT for 2 weeks now. I will hang some Nori though thanks...

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom