Blue spot sea hare question

Discussion in 'Saltwater Beginners' started by showjumper_girl2002, Jan 11, 2013.

1. showjumper_girl2002Valued MemberMember

So I saw a blue spot sea hare at my LFS and he's so cool looking and I'd like to get him. I can't seem to find much info on them online :/ from what I can tell they don't eat gha like the ugly brown ones but I can't, for the life of me, find what it is they do eat?? Does anyone know what I would need to feed a blue spot and have any experience with them? How do you care for them? I have a 125 gal reef tank that is 6 mo to a yr old. Any info would be greatly appreciated! I'd really like to add one of these guys to my tank :)

2. monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

From what I am reading they are algae eaters and if/when you run out of algae you need to supplement with every other day feedings of dried seaweed or nori (can be found in the Asian section at the grocery store)

These guys are very cool looking just be careful as when they die/injured/stressed they will release a toxin that can kill your fish in the tank... so be careful! Also I think I read they can get a foot long! If you do get him/her pictures are required ;)

3. JessiNoel21Well Known MemberMember

4. showjumper_girl2002Valued MemberMember

Thx guys! Anyone know about water temp? My tank stays btwn 77 and 78 degrees.

5. JessiNoel21Well Known MemberMember

That temp should be fine

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice