Blue Rams

Cander

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I’m starting up a 20 gallon tall tank. I’ve seen blue rams and thought that this would be a cool fish. I’ve heard tho that they need a lower ph and mine is at 8. Do I need to lower that. Also should I get a pair or is one solo male ok to have.

Would some tetras, bards, and mollies be good fish to be with the rams. Or is there any other good choices to go with rams.

Is there anything else that I need to know. love to learn.

DuaneV

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They naturally occur in very soft, acidic water, like ph 5-6. You can lower your ph easy enough with driftwood and leaf litter among other things, but 8 is pretty high. Theyre known as a tough fish to keep (although Ive never had trouble) and they are short lived (2-3 years) so it might not be an ideal fish for you.

Cander

Valued Member
Reaction score
DuaneV said:
They naturally occur in very soft, acidic water, like ph 5-6. You can lower your ph easy enough with driftwood and leaf litter among other things, but 8 is pretty high. Theyre known as a tough fish to keep (although Ive never had trouble) and they are short lived (2-3 years) so it might not be an ideal fish for you.
Ok thx you...my other thought was a dwarf gourami

Would that work with that group of fish

Why me

Valued Member
Reaction score
Depends on your ram. I kept mine with a baby silver gar and it’s working out great. But one time I put 2 silver dollars in their and he got in a fight and now has a healed broken lip. So it depends on your personality

Cander

Valued Member
Reaction score
Why me said:
Depends on your ram. I kept mine with a baby silver gar and it’s working out great. But one time I put 2 silver dollars in their and he got in a fight and now has a healed broken lip. So it depends on your personality
Ok so it depends from fish to fish...so can u keep them solo

DuaneV

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have. I dont currently have any but that would be a fine combination.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom