blue ram's & tetra's

chevyz28

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
??? Hello everyone need help, I have a 37 gal. tank, all cycled and im ready for my fish set-up. THIS is what im looking at stocking wise, 12 card's, 6 lemon's, 6 serpea's, 4 becks pencilfish, and 1 pair of german blue rams. BASICALLY a tetra tank. Now my biggest fear is are the rams peacefull enough with all my selection of fishes and do i still have more space for different species of tetra's. and how many fishes do i need to be in the safe zone capacity wise,. all help is appreciated thank you.

Jrobber

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
http://www.aqadvisor.com/AqAdvisor.php?AqVolUnit=gUS&AqTempUnit=F&AqLengthUnit=inch

You might use that link to see how you are stocking wise and if you have decent filtration. Definitely just use it as a tool and then double check with other users here. It is a pretty helpful tool though.

As far as keeping Rams go, they can get aggressive towards other fish when breeding, so you might keep an eye out of that.

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
In my opinion, as far as the tetras and the blue rams go, you're pretty good. Maybe stocked a bit on the heavy side, but completely doable.
I'm not sure about the pencilfish, though, as I have no idea what Beck's pencilfish are. I don't suppose you know what the Latin name is.

http://www.aqadvisor.com/AqAdvisor.php?AqVolUnit=gUS&AqTempUnit=F&AqLengthUnit=inch

You might use that link to see how you are stocking wise and if you have decent filtration. Definitely just use it as a tool and then double check with other users here. It is a pretty helpful tool though.
Considering it has a tendency to stock pretty heavily, and people have a natural tendency to want to get to "100%," it's not really useful even for that.
As I've said elsewhere, I would strongly suggest against going to the site until after you're already 99% sure about stocking.

potatos

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
my ram has been fine with schooling fish, but similar shaped fish such as gouramies caused conflict. but slender quick schooling fiish should be fine, and even if he is agressive, he would scare them into tighter schools, which makes the individual tetra pretty safe because he can not single out and harass a specific fish

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom