Blue rams food aggressive?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by AquaFresh, Jul 14, 2015.

1. AquaFreshNew MemberMember

I have a fluval 25g tank 6 black skirts 5 albino cory and a pair of blue rams. When I turn off the light aND throw some sinking disk in for the cories the rams nip at the cories and chase them off. Any ideas should I rehome the rams?

2. alink

alinkWell Known MemberMember

I am seen similar behavior in my moms tank. I would drop an algae wafer in (meant for Otos) and the Ram would peck at it, and chase off anything that came near it. We fixed that by dropping pieces of it throughout the tank. He might claim one piece, but if theres 4-5 others, everyone else can get some too. I would suggest a similar method.

3. Aloeb1

Aloeb1Valued MemberMember

I have noticed that fish are most aggressive during feeding

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

4. CindiL

CindiLFishlore LegendMember

My ram is also aggressive at feeding time so I do the same thing that alink does. I cut up the wafers into little bits and drop them all over the tank. Even my nice but food pigs (mollies) will bump anyone out of their way so this works for all the fish. This also allows the shrimp to grab a piece and run :)

5. tyguy7760

tyguy7760Fishlore VIPMember

My Bolivian is similar. She swims with my 2 sunset thicklipped gouramis all the time except when it's feeding time. She chases them off constantly from the sinking pellets for my kuhli's. Luckily they just swim to the other side and get a pellet over there. The ram will eventually chase them off of that as well so they just go back and forth picking at the pellets until the ram chooses to chase them from that one.

6. Coradee

CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Crush up the cory food, you can crush it really small & they'll find it & the other fish won't be able to steal it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice