Blue Ram

allnaturalallen29

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I saw a couple blue rams at my lfs for $7 I was just wondering what people's experience are with them and how to take care of them etc

Kasshan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Took me at least 6 or 7dead fish and 4 months to figure how to take care of them properly and get them to breed. They can be frustrating if you are impatient. Rams do better in aged cycled water. If the water is cycled but isn't old I find this when I had the more deaths, counter to common hobby knowledge, one would think they'd be fine, but not for me. After the tank has been stable and cycled for like 5 to 6 months is when the tank is ready. This is using my best science, but someone else can have a completely different procedure and be right.

Skye1234

Reaction score
As long as the tank is FULLY cycled it should not take 5 to 6 months there are a few things at the pet store you can buy to help speed the cycle up I have never lost any of my cichlids. Make sure you test your water and don't add fish while they tank a cycling.

Brizburk

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Just had this convo today with my LFS expert. I am restocking and want GBRs. And two small schools of other fishes... His biggest recommendation, get the GBRs last. Make sure the tank is stable from any ammonia spikes that can occur when adding new fish. Get your parameters right and stable, then the GBRs.

Hope this helps a bit.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads