Blue Ram Passed Away

1. Landos Well Known Member Member

Hi,

Today I turned the light on my tank and my gbr was dead. No physical marks, no nipped fins, he was eating and acting normal yesterday.
    I tested my water and it's good: 0, 0 and <5ppm of nitrates because I did a water change yesterday.
    I do 2 water changes a week, my tank is a 75gal and has been running for 8 months at a steady 78F.
    I have 7 otos, 6 denison barbs, 6 black mollies, 6 serpaes, 10 peppered cory cats, 2 farowella catfish and 1 angelfish.
    I had the gbr for about 2 months.
    I have an AQ110, hikari sponge filter rated for up to 125gal for filtration.
    Not sure what could have caused his death, all other fish are acting normal

2. Protim Sarkar Well Known Member Member

Sorry for your loss.

3. Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

I'm so sorry, maybe it was just his time. This is one of the down side to aquariums(and any other pet), when they go it can be really depressing. I'm sorry, but I'm sure another little fish will swim in. Swim In Peace GBR.

4. No Fishing Member Member

I'm so sorry for your loss that's really unfortunate. I know GBR need a higher tank temp than 78, usually around 82-85. Maybe the cooler temp shortened life span? I have no idea just a possibility. Again I'm sorry you lost such a beautiful fish