Blue Ram or Tiger Barbs

jayfl234

I have been wanting both of these kind of fish for my tank a blue ram or tiger barbs. Any suggestions what would be the better choice?

COBettaCouple

talk about a tough choice! both are beautiful fish and i'd love having either also... i'd go with the blue rams.

Gunnie

It's gonna also depend on what other fish you're gonna have in the tank. The barbs are much nippier than the rams, and the rams are more sensitive to water conditions and need a more strict and frequent maintenance routine. The extra water changes would be worth it though IMO.

bbfeckawitts

I'd get the rams. ;D

jayfl234

I would be putting in mollies and swordtails with them. How would you set up the water for rams if I had to change the water would my mollies and swordtails be able to live.

COBettaCouple

I would be putting in mollies and swordtails with them. How would you set up the water for rams if I had to change the water would my mollies and swordtails be able to live.

There could be some nipping issues or aggression putting livebearers and tetras or cichlids together.

jayfl234

So I have decided I am going with the barbs I assuming if I get six tiger barbs or the green colored ones they should not nip at my mollies or swordtails ?

tb19

Good Choice! Yeah about 4 to 6 tiger barbs would be enough for them to take out their aggression on each other. They're very active fish and fun to watch!

COBettaCouple

I'd watch for any signs of nipping on your livebearers, but like tb19 said they should concentrate on each other and be a great part of your tank.

jayfl234

Thanks a bunch.

bbfeckawitts

You definitely won't be dissapointed with the barbs. They are great. Brianna

jayfl234

I hope so eventhough the rams look beautiful and are so cool I think the school of tiger barbs would be so much cooler.

tb19

Oh and you may want to get different colored barbs too...just to add that sort of feeling of variety ....like 2 Green Barbs 2 Regular Barbs and 2 Albino Tiger Barbs...

jayfl234

I never thought about getting different ones that would be awsome.

tb19

yup keep us updated

Random Great Thread

Top Bottom