Blue Polar Parrot Fry in community tank, help!

Tommieb

I really need some advice!! My blue polar parrot laid her first batch of eggs in my community tank and I don’t want them. I have a 75 gallon community tank (5 angel fish, 6 cori catfish, 1 pleco, 2 plattys, 1 rainbow shark and 1 dojo loach) along with my 2 blue polar parrots!! I didn’t know one of the polar parrots was a female because I got them as juveniles and I couldn’t tell at first. Now they have reached sexual maturity, the female laid her eggs tonight in my tiki hut. I know the eggs will hatch in 2 days but I don’t want them because I know the polar parrots will be very aggressive towards my other fish trying to protect their fry. What should I do? I kinda wanna see what happens (Iike I want to see the fry hatch and see how the parents take care of them) but I don’t want to jeopardize my other fishes safety. I want to keep the male but I’m probably going to sell the female to my local fish store. How should I execute this? Will my blue polar parrots kill my other fish if I keep them both?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 15

BigManAquatics

If you have a smaller tank you may be able to move the eggs there before they hatch.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
FishyFishybaby
  • Question
Replies
Views
Jarzola89
  • Question
Replies
Views