Blue polar fish frys

FishyFishybaby

One pair of my blue polar fishes laid eggs
Two pairs of my toffee parrot fishes laid eggs
The frys are now swimming in the tank and i separated them is it okay? It seemed all of the parents are stressing out about it what should i do

I separated my fry from their parents after three days. I got blue polar parrot fishes and toffee parrot fishes. They are three days old and starting to swim around the tank. What should i feed them? How much should i feed them? And when should i? Like at what day if they are already three days old? Thanks!

LowConductivity

If you want the best chance at growing them out, freshly hatched baby brine shrimp.

feed them until you can see their bellies turn orange.

start feeding when they are free swimming. (Generally this will be about 7 days after eggs are laid)

Upvote 0

FishyFishybaby

If you want the best chance at growing them out, freshly hatched baby brine shrimp.

feed them until you can see their bellies turn orange.

start feeding when they are free swimming. (Generally this will be about 7 days after eggs are laid)
Thanks! They are only 3 days old and starting to swim. Also is it okay if only decapsulated brine shrimp?

Upvote 0

LowConductivity

Thanks! They are only 3 days old and starting to swim. Also is it okay if only decapsulated brine shrimp?
I’m sure you’ll get a few to survive with the decaps

Upvote 0

FishyFishybaby

What other foods can i feed my frys other than freshly hatched brine shrimp then?

Hehe its actually just my first time having frys. I mean i already had a first batch but they got eaten coz i didnt move them

This is just a new one for me three different eggs. I got two sets hatched for 3 days now and one set still on eggs so i have a lot of questions

Upvote 0

LowConductivity

What other foods can i feed my frys other than freshly hatched brine shrimp then?

Hehe its actually just my first time having frys. I mean i already had a first batch but they got eaten coz i didnt move them

This is just a new one for me three different eggs. I got two sets hatched for 3 days now and one set still on eggs so i have a lot of questions
BBS is best, hands down. Baby fish are programmed to eat little things that move. Prepared foods don’t move, and often go uneaten leading to declining water quality or starvation.

If you’ve got your heart set on not hatching fry food, make sure to set your expectations a little lower.

Upvote 0

FishyFishybaby

Thank u! They will survive the first week without eating right?

Upvote 0

LowConductivity

Thank u! They will survive the first week without eating right?
Unless you’ve got a bunch of plants or leaves that are growing some natural food sources, probably not.

Upvote 0

FishyFishybaby

So i need put some plants on them for the first week so they can eat?
is it okay if i start feeding them tomorrow they will turn four days tomorrow maybe some crushed flakes or the hard boiled egg yolk with a bit of water?

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
  • Question
Replies
Views
chromedome52
Replies
Views
Jarzola89