Blue Phantom pleco

Allie
We've had him almost 2 years now. He was an inch when we got him..now he is 3.5"
PSST...BABY PIX DOWN IN THREAD

Martinismommy
He's a cute little buggar!

Butterfly
He's really pretty! I'm a pleco girl in case you haven't noticed
Carol

shellbell4ever
OMG!!! He's awesome !!!

mrsmuffin
That is one cool looking fish!

COBettaCouple
I'd love to have a few of those! Beautiful Pleco!

Shawnie
OMG hes adorable!!!

OMG MM is that pic big enough of a siggy pic? LOLOLOL

Allie
He's really pretty! I'm a pleco girl in case you haven't noticed
Carol
Now that you've pointed that out...I have noticed. I LOVE plecos too...hence why we have the snowball, clown, blue panaque and blue phantom plus all the bristlenoses.
I'd love to have our pond set up again with all the plecos in it or a huge planted with all kind of fancy plecos.

OMG hes adorable!!!

OMG MM is that pic big enough of a siggy pic? LOLOLOL
It doesn't look big too me?

Barbrella
He's so beautiful!!

My lfs had a couple and I wanted one badly, but my tank isn't big enough.

Allie
He's so beautiful!!

My lfs had a couple and I wanted one badly, but my tank isn't big enough.
Thanks...I am pretty sure he is a HE too.
They get around 7".

Butterfly
So he is one of the ones that grow slowly ? Does he rasp on wood, eat algae or just look pretty
Carol

Allie
So he is one of the ones that grow slowly ? Does he rasp on wood, eat algae or just look pretty
Carol
He doesn't seem to go near wood, but algae yes. I have seen him go after fish flakes too. He is a pretty aggressive pleco.
Here's his profile:

Lucy
He's a great looking fish!
I love plecos, but like Barbrella, my tanks aren't big enough either.

MissMTS
What a beauty! I love plecos too I only wish that I had room for more of them....

Barbrella
He was an inch when we got him..

Allie, did you get him from a private breeder? The ones in my lfs are about 3 - 4" long. At 1", he must have been just too cute! These fish are even more beautiful in person!!

Allie
Allie, did you get him from a private breeder? The ones in my lfs are about 3 - 4" long. At 1", he must have been just too cute! These fish are even more beautiful in person!!
A guy we know was ordering them in from a place, Below Water. We got him for $40, same with the Blue panaque. It's where we got our fancy plecos. He was doing regular orders for awhile.

45.jpg

46.jpg
Here was when we first got him.

kra-z-fishmumm
WOW! what a beautiful pleco!

Allie
Barbrella
Awwwwwww! Totally adorable!

Below Water is here in my hometown. I've heard good things about them!

I know where to go now when I get a bigger tank.

Allie
Awwwwwww! Totally adorable!

Below Water is here in my hometown. I've heard good things about them!

I know where to go now when I get a bigger tank.

COBettaCouple
I'm so jealous! I can't find them here and your little guy is amazing!

Granamyr
Anyone here have one? Here is my newest member of my tank. Adding it to the next post since it won't let me add a photo to the initial post of a thread

Here he/she is

Anders247
I haven't had one. All I know is that I want one, and they have awesome coloration.

Joshua Drake
Beautiful! I've been eyeballing a green phantom at my LFS but they are $50 and I'm just not feeling that for a pleco ATM lol. Grats on your new fish!

Bijou88
Beautiful!

BornThisWayBettas
Oh wow, how pretty!!!

Castiel*
that pleco is BEAUTIFUL! way jealous..

Granamyr
Beautiful! I've been eyeballing a green phantom at my LFS but they are $50 and I'm just not feeling that for a pleco ATM lol. Grats on your new fish!

I would have gotten a green phantom one but they are always almost full grown when I see them. This is the first time I've seen a younger blue phantom so I got it even though it was more than I really should have spent on it.

BornThisWayBettas
Sometimes, fish have a way of stealing our hearts, and then the money flies from our wallets and our hearts soar! It's quite a magical experience!

Joshua Drake
Until you look at your bank account...I've gotten a couple fish like that as well. My female half moon betta I paid waaaay to much for (30) but I just couldn't leave without her!

BornThisWayBettas
Yup, those fluttery feelings and the magic ends when you look at that old bank account.....

Granamyr
This is my therapy for not switching to salt water and spending $200+ dollars per fish. I only spent $70 on this one

Joshua Drake
Geez. Even when looking at all the beautiful fish at my lfs most of the ones I look at that I like are still 15 to 30 (referring to sw of course).

Granamyr
Geez. Even when looking at all the beautiful fish at my lfs most of the ones I look at that I like are still 15 to 30 (referring to sw of course).

Well if I'm going to go salt water I'm going to go all the way. Coral Angel, Purple Wrasse, Psychedelic dragon. Expensive things. They may not be $200 each, but at my LFS they are all over $100 that carry those things. I think the emperor Angel which gets too big for my tank is the $200+ fish really

Joshua Drake
Emperors are definitely doing it right. So pretty.

Granamyr
Emperors are definitely doing it right. So pretty.

No doubt but they require a 220 gallon tank and I only have a puny 90 gallon. So I "suffer" through with my fresh water

Jafet
Here he/she is

Nice I wish I could have got one but everyone told me they are bad in planted aquariums so I got vampires instead. My lfs has blue and green phantoms and avocados too every time I go in there I'm tempted to buy them.

sawchynegger
Hi. This is an old thread so sorry if it's not active anymore. I've got a blue phantom. He's pretty small still (around 2.5 inches). I'm curious how your guy is eating. Mine really likes zucchinI skin but won't touch the meat of it. He'll also sometimes graze on a sinking wafer....not the algae ones, but the ones that are intended for loaches and the like. I've read blue phantoms like/ some meaty foods as well as vegetation. What has your experience been?

Granamyr
Hello Sawchynegger,

I actually haven't seen my blue phantom eat a whole lot. I put ZucchinI in for him and sinking pellets and wafers and brine shrimp and whatever else the other fish would get.

However, until just yesterday I had a bristlenose pleco that for some reason decided he didn't want to let my blue phantom hang around in it's favorite hiding spots. I just took the bristlenose out though so I'm hoping to see some more activity from my blue phantom. Very sad to take out my bristlenose, but $7 fish vs $50 fish is not really much of a question who's going to win in that debate.

I'll let you know if I see him eating something soon. Obviously he's been eating something as he's been in there for over a month now and doesn't look skinny at all.

sawchynegger
Ok good to know. Glad it's not just mine. I've heard some plecos can start to get terratorial but it's hard to imagine since they are normally so docile. I hear you on the investment side of things. Mine was the same price. He's the most expensive fish I own.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
chromedome52
Replies
Views
slayer5590
Replies
Views
Tunafish389
Replies
Views