Blue pearl shrimp dying. Please help me diagnose!

Alusphor

Recently I noticed one of my shrimp turning milky white and after few hours dying, did some research but non of the causes matched my tank. Unfortunately I noticed few more deaths since then and I'm not sure what should I do. Here is some info:
  • 24 gallon established tank
  • Temperature - 77 °F
  • NO3 - between 0 and 10 right before water change
  • NO2 - 0
  • GH °d - 14
  • Hardness ppm - 250
  • KH °d - 10
  • Alkalinity ppm - 178
  • PH - 7.0
  • Cl2 - 0
  • I do a 20% water change every 10 days.
  • Aquael Versamax FZN-2
  • 20W Led light

You must be registered to see images

Fishstery

Looks like a bacterial infection to me. Most if not all shrimp ailments are extremely contagious. I can tell its bacterial because if how swollen that shrimps internal organs are.

Upvote 0

Alusphor

Looks like a bacterial infection to me. Most if not all shrimp ailments are extremely contagious. I can tell its bacterial because if how swollen that shrimps internal organs are.
Thanks a lot, gonna try to do something about that ASAP!

Upvote 0

richiep

Croeso welcome to fishlore
Let's give you some more information, bacterial disease can and will wipe out the whole colony, there's still not a lot of information on this but we can help to slow it down and maybe save a few.
This is whare in limited cases very large water changes come into play, this dosnt come without its problems and you may still loose shrimp,
You need to start with 80% daily water changes, the water that goes in must be the same temperature or shock will follow,
Turn your filters off and after the water change add 1ml of 3% hydrogen peroxide to every 5ltr of total tank volume, mix it well into the water column and leave for 1hr before turning the filters back on.
To date this is about as good as it gets.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Alusphor
Replies
Views
richiep
Replies
Views
MiniPop
Replies