blue lobster/blue shrimp?

Marinero

Valued Member
Reaction score
Is there any difference between blue lobster and blue shrimp? Are these just different names for the same species? I've seen blue lobster, crayfish and shrimp and pet store employees never seem to know much about them. :-\

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I would assume they are different cause shrimp and lobsters are completely different.

ecnaj143

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Marinero said:
Is there any difference between blue lobster and blue shrimp?  Are these just different names for the same species?  I've seen blue lobster, crayfish and shrimp and pet store employees never seem to know much about them.   :-\
Most lobsters and shrimps are blue until cooked.
Then their red and yummy!!!!!

Richard

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Sic 'em Capt. Kirk!!..baaad baaad people thinking about cooking your cousins!!!..although,the last time I was in Montserrat(tiny British island with an erupting volcano that just won't quit!),I went to a joint called Moose's and ate so much lobster,I didn't want to see it for at least a year!!..If any of you are looking for a Caribbean vacation off the beaten path where you can eat copious amounts of lobster or Mountain-Chicken(Frogs-Legs),while looking at a Caribbean sunset and an active volcano with lava cascading down the side,Montserrat is it.

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
anyone have any ideas where to find a blue shrimp thinking of getting rid of my final bamboo shrimp (btw if u want him PM me i'll happily sell him to u cheap as all get out he keeps climbing into my filter and it **** me off) or any good bamboo shrimp recieps would be awesome too anway let me know

brent

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom