20 Gallon Tank Blue Light Plants

Anixandria

Hi guys! I have been switching to live plants in most of my tanks and 3 out of four have live plants in them! Yay! The challenge now is that I have a 20g long Glofish tank that I want to switch to some live plants for. I would prefer to keep it as an atypical looking tank which means lots of colors and textures. Are there any naturally colored aquarium plants besides just green ones? I’m looking for quite a few different ones that’ll be okay under the blue light without messing with the vibe of the tank. And recommendations help! (Current pic for reference)

Attachments

• 34478A89-3FAB-4C49-B63A-851E89817F4C.jpeg
    34478A89-3FAB-4C49-B63A-851E89817F4C.jpeg
    205.8 KB · Views: 13

awilkinson871

I have only ever seen green and red although I am pretty sure most of the red ones need additional iron to develop that coloring.

Upvote 0

Anixandria

Would the iron come from liquid ferts? Or do I need something specific?

Upvote 0

awilkinson871

Depends on the actual plant. Anything planted in the substrate needs root tabs and any floaters or rhizomes need liquid. I believe most red plants need extra iron in order to obtain the best color. I have seen liquid iron additive with the other liquid fertilizers in pet stores. Read up on any plants you are looking at to see their lighting requirements and whether they require added co2 before diving in. I have one tank that can only support low-mid lighting nothing that requires bright lights.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
yeti79
Replies
Views
Mudminnow
  • Question
Replies
Views
MisterSnuffles