Blue Light Mode Affect Plants?

DevinHyams

Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
Just set up freshwater 8 gallon planted. The stock light set up might not be sufficient for the hair grass to thrive but we’ll see. It is a JBJ 8 Gallon Flat Panel. The light is called “Lyra”. It has multiple modes between dark blue and bright white light. My understanding is that the blue mode is a “moonlight”. Plants need periods of dark too, so would this blue light affect them (reduce their blackout hours)? Or do the plants only care about the white light. Picture attached. Btw excuse my messy superglueing. Hopefully the spikey moss and anubias will grow over the white eyesores. The blue mode picture looks whack using my phone camera, but hopefully you get the point.

Joshuaharestad

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
View attachment 584599 View attachment 584600 Just set up freshwater 8 gallon planted. The stock light set up might not be sufficient for the hair grass to thrive but we’ll see. It is a JBJ 8 Gallon Flat Panel. The light is called “Lyra”. It has multiple modes between dark blue and bright white light. My understanding is that the blue mode is a “moonlight”. Plants need periods of dark too, so would this blue light affect them (reduce their blackout hours)? Or do the plants only care about the white light. Picture attached. Btw excuse my messy superglueing. Hopefully the spikey moss and anubias will grow over the white eyesores. The blue mode picture looks whack using my phone camera, but hopefully you get the point.
Its never seemed to affect my plants. I don't think they absorb the blue light but don't quote me on that.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom