Blue Green Chromis - First Fish!

offminded
woo hoo...tonight we added our first fish in our 55 gallon FOWLR!!! we added three blue/green chromis...they're awesome!! I was nervous as heck...but so far so good...only time will tell...woo hoo!!!!

Tom
Congrats. I don't see any pics though. lol Can't wait for some.
Tom

offminded
I am going to post some tomorrow...I was like a nervous daddy!

Fish Pics

well...here are the first pictures of our first fish...not sure what they best way to take pictures of moving fish, but my father in law is a camera wizard so I'll hit him up for help. they'll get better. we have 3 green chromis and they seem to be doing quite well so far. they ate great last night and this morning...hopefully this is a good sign...

I suppose I should post future pictures in the aquarium picture section of the forum...is that something I should do? thanks!! hope you enjoy...

agsansoo
Great choice on the fish !

sgould
Looking good!

offminded
thanks! any suggestions on when I should add some cleaners? any recommendations on what kind of cleaners to get?

sgould
I have cerith snails and astrea snails for film algae, nassarius snails for sand sifting, and blue hermits for hair algae and all purpose scavaging.

agsansoo
I second the cerith snails and astrea snails !

KittieKat
;D I'm just here to look at the pretty fishies! not a Saltwater kinda person.. seems like too much work. id be afraid of having the fishies die... congrats and they truly are beautiful

offminded
I just checked out the cerith and astraea snails...I think I will go to my LFS and buy a few of each...maybe 5 or 10 of each for my tank.

last night I was looking at my tank in the evening after I fed my chromis and in one of the crevices of the live rock I saw a small blu-colored claw peeking out...I was totally stoked...looks like I have some sort of crab that hitched a ride on the rock...totally cool!!

;D I'm just here to look at the pretty fishies! not a Saltwater kinda person.. seems like too much work. id be afraid of having the fishies die... congrats and they truly are beautiful

thanks for the comment!!! I am super excited to have fishies!!

agsansoo
I have 20 astraea snails in my tank. I was told I should have 120 for a barebottom 65 gallon tank. I don't think so .. ! LOL

offminded
wow...do you think that 10 and 10 are good numbers...plus a cleaner shrimp and maybe a hermit?

sgould
It's a good start. I think ultimately a few more of each snail would be good. A single hermit won't accomplish much by itself. Cleaner shrimp are cool...fun to watch with lots of personality.

offminded
I am planning on getting some astraea snails and a few hermit crabs tomorrow

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Jesterrace
Replies
Views
Neebles
Replies
Views
tuggerlake26